Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

As Always ...

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
If there are woodwind instruments you wish to discuss that we don't have forum areas for, post here and we'll create areas as interest grows.

Or contact an Admin. We don't bite. That hard. I might sneeze on you, at the moment, tho.

Hey. I know... long time since I have been around here. :geezer2:

There's the Armenian duduk which is a double-reed woodwind. I met quite a few clarinet and sax players lately, including a friend of mine who enjoy the duduk.
duduk.jpg

I hear they come in different keys. My friend has a duduk in Bb... I wouldn't be able to tell you which one it is in the above picture. Interesting sound from what I've heard tho.

Intriguing reed, too.

What are your friends using these for? Busking, gigs, something else?

My friend works for a theatre where she does multiple sound effects and moods using various instruments. The duduk is the latest addition to her intriguing collection of inst. But like Merlin says, the duduk is also used in soundtracks. There's another friend of mine who had me listen to a jazz album which used the duduk on quite a few track... I gotta ask him who/what the album was.

From Gladiator: http://youtube.com/watch?v=krIRBNpuVPE

I'm fairly positive this is the same instrument that's used in the theme music of the new Battlestar Galactica.

The sound, to me, evokes really old and really middle east.

How about the Hulusi? One I'd not heard of...

Back
Top Bottom