Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Is it normal practice here that if you cannot answer you just delete the thread??

Is it normal practice here that if you cannot answer you just delete the thread??

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freefly

Banned :(
Is it normal practice here that if you cannot answer you just delete the thread?? i asked about certain brand of saxophone 3 weeks ago and instead of answer my post was deleted... well done!!

Correct way of doing this: start a conversation ("private message") with or an e-mail an administrator or moderator asking nicely if your thread accidentally got deleted.
Incorrect way of doing this: this thread.

No, that is not our practice. However as an admin, if you ask a lame question, one that violates rules, or has been asked over and over again, I have been known to blow the post away. It's just noise. And we get a lot of new members who join to get a valuation on a cheap sax even though they don't play the instrument. Most times they want us to do their research for them so they can sell their relative's instrument and then we never see them again. That's not the purpose of this forum.

Here are some examples of questions that bother me:
  • What mouthpiece will make me sound like Kenny G?
  • My dad died and left this saxophone. Is it worth anything? How much money can I get for it?
Your question is phrased in an antagonistic manner. You come across like a con man man with questions like that. I wonder if you are a troll or something else. Was that your intent, cuz good on you, you've succeeded in alienating your host and are one step away from being banned.

EDIT by Pete: Are now banned.

Last edited:
FWIW, I'd rather see posts regarding the two examples you gave, Jim, than someone opening a thread like this. However, the spelling will be closer to "saxamaphone."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom