Dixieland sheet music

I want to make a small booklet (marching band size) with some popular Dixieland tunes for clarinet. I sometimes get asked to perform with a small group and I don't know enough tunes by memory to always play along. :)
So I want to have kind of a small booklet that I can take along when playing smaller gigs. Just to get me started.

Does anybody know a good book I can buy (extra points if it's already in small size)? Or any other source where I can buy or download some popular tunes?
If it's in a bigger size I can rewrite it in MuseScore. It's just to have a small mnemonic at hand.

From the web site:

The upper section with the chords is for C-instruments (banjo, guitar, piano, bass), the lower with the melody is for instruments tuned in Bb (trumpet, clarinet, soprano- and tenor sax, trombone).

From the web site:

The upper section with the chords is for C-instruments (banjo, guitar, piano, bass), the lower with the melody is for instruments tuned in Bb (trumpet, clarinet, soprano- and tenor sax, trombone).
Trombone is a C (bass clef) instrument....last time i checked.

Trombone is actually a Bb instrument. But the music is written in concert pitch. The open note, first position or no keys on valve trombone, is indeed Bb. The open note on baritone is also Bb but is called C as it is on trumpet. So both of those are Bb instruments like trombone, but are transposing, unlike trombone.

If tenor sax were like trombone, it would the fingering for C would be called Bb and would be written as Bb on the bass clef.

All that being said, trombone would indeed read the upper section of the subject book, not the lower as noted.

Back
Top Bottom