Questions about Roland Aerophone Go AE-05 (fingering customizations, bite sensor)

Hi everyone.

I want something portable and lightweight but with enough keys to cover as many notes as possible without having to switch octaves. Aerophone Go AE-05 seems to be the smallest I can get.

But I'm a bit worried about its default fingering modes. I come from Nuvo Clarineo and would want to adjust the fingering to feel more similar to that.

I found the Roland article about the finger customization. Cannot post links yet, so the article can easily be found in a search engine by the name "AE-01 AE-05: Creating Your Own Alternative Fingering With Aerophone Go Application".
Still, it leaves a few questions unanswered.

The screenshot there shows 10 key assignments. I assume they based it on AE-01. Does AE-05 show more than 10 key assignments in the app? On the other hand, 10 assignments should be enough also for AE-05. I don't want to reassign all the keys.

Is it also possible to assign the note for the finger position when no keys are pressed at all? Doesn't the app block you when you haven't highlighted any keys? And does it actually end up working correctly on the instrument?

And another question. How does the bite sensor feel for pitch bend control? Is it usable? I've read some complaints on Amazon about it behaving unstable, but those people were using built-in sounds and not external synthesizers. Does the bite sensor (reed) work acceptably for pitch bend when GO is being used as a MIDI controller for a software synth on a computer?

Thank you.

Last edited:
You might try https://www.patchmanmusic.com/forum/

It's for wind controller players. There are plenty of Aerophone players on that forum.

I use a WX5, so I can't help you with the fingerings.

I've been having trouble getting in. If you can't write to matt@patchmanmusic.com - let him know you are having a problem getting in. Let me know, too, it might be something on my end.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom