Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Baby, It's Cold Outside

saxhound

Staff member
CE/Moderator
OK. After living in Chicago for 33 years, I thought I was done with this stuff when I moved to Tennessee. It's currently 5 degrees and the wind is blowing at 25 - 30 MPH. No snow, but the hinges on my driveway gates have frozen shut, and the tire pressure indicator on my car is telling me that all my tires have low pressure. Also, we donated all our heavy winter coats to Goodwill several years ago. All right, I know I'm whining, but I've had enough. Give me back my moderate Tennessee climate or I'm moving to Arizona!

It finally warmed up to 0F, now I have to put my half thawed battery back in the van and drive to North Dakota where it will be -19f in the morning when I am begging for a jump start because the place I bought my battery doesn't have any in stock that fit my van.

What a way to run a warranty.

Made it to ND and back without needing a jump start. Sure wouldn't have bet money on it turning out like that!

OZ would be wonderful! I have a friend down there I really should go visit one of these days.

A friend is heading to Brazil in 2 days, and I think that sounds like one heck of a trip! I think my wife would enjoy it too.

Give me back my moderate Tennessee climate or I'm moving to Arizona!
73 and cloudy, ATM. Rain expected all week. I like rain, but that means I can't finish a painting project.

@Gandalfe and @Helen, how are you folks doing in the Pacific NW?

Talked with my mom on Christmas. She's in Buffalo, NY. Snow drifts are up to the top of her garage. Her street has not been plowed, even though she lives on a main road in the actual city of Buffalo. More snow expected. The mayor has asked for people not to be on the road.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I posted this to my Facebook community group when the weather changed up here.

Attachments

• 1672673285368.png
    1672673285368.png
    535.1 KB · Views: 89
Smog is some nasty stuff, but it won't kill you overnight if you are stuck outside in it.

Balmy -27C here this AM. I'll probably go for a bicycle ride this afternoon.

Balmy -27C here this AM. I'll probably go for a bicycle ride this afternoon.
Lived in Minnesota for 6+ years, don't miss it. Lovely albeit tough state to live in. If it isn't the mosquitoes in the summer, it's the cold and snow in the winter. For Suzy and me, Seattle is a paradise in comparison.

An incident with a tractor, moving steel and mosquitos motivated me to go inside when a similar situation presents itself. The snow doesn't much bother me, but the cold/wind combination is pretty dangerous.

So y'all don't get mad at me because I'm tanning myself in the 75 degree weather in good ol' Phoenix, AZ, I'll remind everyone that I lived in far upstate NY and the temps did get down to -30 during the winter. I also lived in western NY and in Virginia for a total of about 15 years. I don't need more ice and snow.

Back
Top Bottom