Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

1915 Catalog with interesting Clarinet items.

Steve

Clarinet CE/Moderator
Staff member
CE/Moderator
I came across a 1915 Catalog with some interesting Clarinet information in it.
It also has all other brass, woodwinds, percussion and everything else.
I'll try to add the catalog to the files. It's 117 pages and 61.5 mb.
1534885131606.png

** I assume Most of the Models back then
1534884670670.png

** The Extremely Rare Buffet Half-Boehm clarinet INFORMATION !!
1534884611228.png

** A Tuning Mouthpiece
1534884552937.png

** Buffet-Crampon tuning barrel
1534884525954.png

** A Flute Mouthpiece ?
1534884483342.png

Attachments

• 1534884455627.png
    1534884455627.png
    103.3 KB · Views: 253
I didn't hallucinate. I did post this before. It's still a great find, so I'm going to cross post this thread into the Websites, Books, Etc. area.
didn't see that.

I found it very interesting especially the Half-Boehm Buffet clarinet. I know of only 4 of these in existance right now in both Bb and A.
But they had a full range of them in Low and High Pitch and 4 keys each. I wonder if there was inventory somewhere at one time of these instruments. I wonder how many have survived and are found in attics, etc. The demand for these is probably nill, but some awesome information non-the-less.

I was interested to see the flute mouthpiece. They were intended for students, to establish the correct angle for the embouchure, but were also used by some doublers. My first music teacher had suffered a facial wound during the war which made it difficult for him to establish a good flute embouchure, and he had made something similar for his own use. I haven't seen one in the intervening 70 years.

didn't see that.

I found it very interesting especially the Half-Boehm Buffet clarinet. I know of only 4 of these in existance right now in both Bb and A.
But they had a full range of them in Low and High Pitch and 4 keys each. I wonder if there was inventory somewhere at one time of these instruments. I wonder how many have survived and are found in attics, etc. The demand for these is probably nill, but some awesome information non-the-less.
Did I mention before that one of these was on my local craigslist about 3 or 4 years ago before? They wanted $200 and it stayed up for like a week before selling-I didn't save any pictures but it definitely was the same clarinet as the one on clarinetperfection.

Back
Top Bottom