Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

1961 Selmer series 9 Bb clarinet

Hello,
I was looking to maybe find out a bit more about this clarinet and maybe see if it is worth anything. It definitely needs new cork and pads, but there aren’t any cracks in the wood. It’s in a nice hard case.

series 9, series S. Serial number is S6379, so I’m pretty sure it’s a 1961/62. I don’t play, it was just handed down to me. It has 3 mouthpieces with it, B*, HS and D.

anymore information you can provide me would be much appreciated.
Some photos,
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Thanks!

FWIW: This past December I bought a Selmer series 9 Bb clarinet from a pawn shop.
serial: S0100 (circa 1960?) no cracks
The clarinet seemed to have had a complete repad when I bought it.
Free blowing, intonation is good
I use a 61mm Selmer 10G barrel which makes it play slightly sharp for me.....a 62mm would probably be ideal.
Less resistance than my 10G
Nice inst.

I have a Series 9 that I like very much. I have another Series 9 that I am planning on selling, I have checked the EBay prices several times over the past year to see what these instruments are selling for. Go to Ebay and check off "Advanced Search" then "sold listings" here's one like yours that just sold for $300.00
Selmer depose series 9 wood Bb clarinet 1963 Paris France | eBay

I've recently sold a few mouthpieces, along with some household items, and they sold for less than I think they should have. In my opinion, a Series 9 such as yours should go for ~$400.00 during normal times. I'm holding off on selling for a while. BTW I'd loose the nasty looking reed and swab if you post it.

Back
Top Bottom