Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Anybody playing the new Giardinelli BC?

I'm buying one next few days and was impressed enough with their saxophone line that I made the purchase.

Curious as to what other Giardinelli BC players are saying.

Hmm. I did a bit of Googling and I saw that their saxophones are from the Czech Republic. Well, 11 years ago they were. I was pretty sure that meant "Amati." I was right. Well, 8 years ago, I was. If you still have/have access to that sax, I'd be interested to find out what it has stamped for "Made In."

The above being ... written ... that doesn't necessarily mean that the BC is also from Amati. Actually, the Girad. probably isn't made by Amati: WWBW lists the Amati 691 at $6K and the Giard. as $2.1K. The 691 is the "lowest price/feature" end of the Amati bass clarinet range.

Personally? I've heard good things (the reviewer in the video has some mad street cred) about the Kessler Music brand. Low C. $2250. I know that's not answering the question, but that's what I'd do if I needed a NEW BC and around $2100 was my budget.

I'm buying one next few days and was impressed enough with their saxophone line that I made the purchase.

Curious as to what other Giardinelli BC players are saying.
I have one and I have had endless problems, it is especially hard right now because there are no shops open to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom