Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Aria F200 flute

My wife purchased an Aria F200 flute in Australia in 1974. It is nickel plated but may have a silver plated lip plate. She hardly ever played it and recently gave it to our granddaughter. As far as I can find out, Aria did not manufacture flutes. Does anyone know which company made the flute branded as Aria F200? The flute has had almost no use and is proving to be quite a good flute for a beginner.

Last edited:
Quick Googling.

The Aria flute was still probably made by AriaMusic.net. I don't see anything that contradicts that. I can't even access their website through Archive.org, but their domain was registered in 2013. The flutes are stamped "Japan."

The F200 was a beginner model flute. The F100 was their professional model. I've seen prices around the $30 range for the F200 and $50 for the F100. So, if the flute works and both the player and her teacher are happy, that's fantastic.

Quick Googling.

The Aria flute was still probably made by AriaMusic.net. I don't see anything that contradicts that. I can't even access their website through Archive.org, but their domain was registered in 2013. The flutes are stamped "Japan."

The F200 was a beginner model flute. The F100 was their professional model. I've seen prices around the $30 range for the F200 and $50 for the F100. So, if the flute works and both the player and her teacher are happy, that's fantastic.
Pete, Thanks. The F200 is a basic flute. It plays OK at present because it was never played. Brian.

Pete, Thanks for the info above.
Some time ago I found a Wikipedia site that has a list of flute makers even some who made a very minimal number of flutes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_flute_makers
Aria does not get mentioned as a manufacturer of flutes. In the late 1970's I was told by a reliable source that Sun Haruno and Hernals student flutes were one and the same. In the 1970's it was becoming common for manufacturers to get their products made in Japan, Taiwan or Hong Kong and the purchaser would be asked what brand he/she wanted to have on it.

I doubt we'd ever get a complete list of flute manufacturers or even a mostly complete list. Bundy's not mentioned, for instance. I think we need a bunch more Germanic, Chinese, and Taiwanese names on that list, too. Probably Italian, too.

I don't have any problem saying that a specific company called "Aria" never made flutes. I just try to share my Google skillz.

I doubt we'd ever get a complete list of flute manufacturers or even a mostly complete list. Bundy's not mentioned, for instance. I think we need a bunch more Germanic, Chinese, and Taiwanese names on that list, too. Probably Italian, too.

I don't have any problem saying that a specific company called "Aria" never made flutes. I just try to share my Google skillz.
Pete, I am not too impressed by your "Google skillz." Bundy is on the list. Google Conn-Selmer Wikipedia.

No, Conn-Selmer is on the list, not Bundy.

Bundy doesn't necessarily = Conn-Selmer. To me, it's kind of like saying all Selmer saxophones were Mark VIs. They're not. "All Buffet saxophones were made by Buffet. Unless they were made by Keilwerth. Or Ditta Giglio."

Back
Top Bottom