Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Audition piece

Hi everyone! I’m new here. I don’t know if this is in the right category, so let me know if I need to change anything.

My friend, who plays alto saxophone, is having troubles finding an audition piece. He needs it for marching band section leader auditions, and he asked me for help, but I don’t have any idea so I thought I’d ask here. He’s looking all over too. Does anyone have any suggestions? I can’t say his skill level but anything really helps. I think he wants something closer to marching band style, as I suggested a few classical pieces. I think he’d be ok with a classical piece as long as it shows he can do marching band type stuff. Thanks!

Hi Lucy, auditioning for marching band section leader, hmmm that's a new one. If I were auditioning for such a role, I'd pick one of the many favorite Aebersold play along books and prepare a song. That way you get a nice background band and it's fun too. You don't say what grade he's in, but I would also consider doing a simple scale, say two octaves of Bb and F that were memorized (simple to do), just to show off my teaching skillz too. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom