bass clarinet m/p find!

Merlin

Content Expert/Moderator
Staff member
CE/Moderator
I dropped into the Long & McQuade's location on Bloor in Toronto today and my old friend Greg who heads the band department there had a little goodie for me.

Someone had recently traded in a whole pile of gear, and in the bass clarinet was an unused Selmer Paris D mouthpiece. To give you an idea of how old it is, it has the original plastic tube with a price of $24 on it.

The table, tip and rails are perfect. You can even see the hand facing marks on the table.

I can't wait to get back to Stratford and try this baby out!

(Oh, I paid $85 for it! Score!)

I dropped into the Long & McQuade's location on Bloor in Toronto...

Isn't everything in Toronto on Bloor Street? My hockey repair place is there, we ate in an ethnic restaurant there, and I have a friend that lives on same.

Not commonly known in the world of clarinet playing is that the Selmer facing system goes far beyond the common C and C* and C**. A D is a nice start, but on the bass clarinet, I currently play a G facing with a relatively soft reed (2 1/2 purple box).

The other facings are hard to come by (hell, a D is hard to come by), but they do exist and can be special ordered from the large music supply houses.

I dropped into the Long & McQuade's location on Bloor in Toronto today and my old friend Greg who heads the band department there had a little goodie for me.

Someone had recently traded in a whole pile of gear, and in the bass clarinet was an unused Selmer Paris D mouthpiece. To give you an idea of how old it is, it has the original plastic tube with a price of $24 on it.

The table, tip and rails are perfect. You can even see the hand facing marks on the table.

I can't wait to get back to Stratford and try this baby out!

(Oh, I paid $85 for it! Score!)

Great deal.

Isn't everything in Toronto on Bloor Street? My hockey repair place is there, we ate in an ethnic restaurant there, and I have a friend that lives on same.

Yes! I know the hockey place. That's my fave place to get our skates sharpened!

An ethnic resto? There's only about a 1000 of them on Bloor.

Everything that's not on it is on Yonge or Queen.

Back
Top Bottom