Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Bass modifications

Yes, I'm a bit late to the party. I did read the posts, but it didn't register yesterday who Helen was... Geez... Between Pete's & my Rx use, it's surprising either one of us can function like a human being at all. ;-) I think I beat out Pete though... At least I think he'd recognize his own name. :emoji_smile:

Seriously though... I don't find portability an issue. Geez... I play a bass sax. It's not like it's compact anyway. The stand just lays beside/on top on the case in the back of the station wagon. Sure, it's not as compact as a Saxrax stand, but I don't find that problematic. The horn takes up a huge amount of space anyway, so a little more for a stand is really not an issue for me.

I like the wheels because it is handy to roll the sax back and forth when I'm switching horns in between songs. I'm standing in the bands I play, so I also like having the horn at playing height. The only disadvantage of having wheels on the base is if you're playing on a slope (something that actually happened to me). The festival people had to quickly attach 2X2s as a barrier on the edges to keep my bass from rolling off the plywood stage. So I can definitely see the advantage of having some kind of locking mechanism on the wheels if you go this route Tom... Or on at least 1 or 2 of the wheels.

I may end up building both...
I know basses are big, but I'm really trying to keep this thing as portable as possible. Case is going to be as small as possible and backpack straps are going to be mandatory on it so I can carry it. Would be nice to have options on this thing. Getting bari's to be portable is hard enough.

Geez... Between Pete's & my Rx use, it's surprising either one of us can function like a human being at all. ;-) I think I beat out Pete though... At least I think he'd recognize his own name. :emoji_smile:
To tell you the truth, I've had people talk about me or around me, using my name, and I don't respond.

However, my short-term memory is improving. A bit :).

Back
Top Bottom