Bundy signature mouthpiece question

I'm looking to replace the Selmer Goldentone 3 mouthpiece on my Bundy. Currently I'm leaning toward the Bundy Signature for $50, but it comes in model 2 or model 3. What's the difference and which would be better for a beginner? The Bundy Model 2 has the advantage that some dealers only charge $25.
And does anyone have a suggestion for something they like better in the same price range? $50 is about as far as my budget will stretch.

A lot of folks seem to like the Hite Premiere. Also anything by Clark Fobes should be good. The Debut is only $29.99 at Musicians Friend. I have his Nova model for bass clarinet, and it is a great mouthpiece. Clark hand finishes and play tests every mouthpiece, even the student models.

Personally I've never been a fan of the Bundy mouthpieces, or the Goldentone 3. There are much better mouthpieces available today. The Hite Premier and Clark Fobes Debut already mentioned are both excellent and are available for less than the Bundy. I carry a wood Bundy as a backup instrument and I keep a Hite Premier with it.

Thanks for the tips. Amazon has both the Fobes Debut and the Hite H111 for less than $25 each.
I could also replace the Selmer HS* on the Champion at the same time.

I ordered the Clark yesterday. It should arrive by Thursday and go on the Bundy when it comes back from the shop.
Next is a set of pads and a Hite mouthpiece for the Champion. I can swap them around and see which one I like best.

Back
Top Bottom