Can you identify this instrument

I was looking for a second hand oboe and ı found this ı have communicated with the seller and he told me he doesn't know the instrument's serial number or the model he told me he got this instrument as a trade and he is not an oboe player so ıdk anything about the instrument's tone, health or etc. even the model he is selling it for 1.000 euro ı know marigaux is one of the top oboe brand but ı couldn't trust him is it worth to pay and can you identify the instrument
Screenshot_20211223-213840.jpg
Screenshot_20211223-212547.jpg

Yes, SML is a high-end double-reed manufacturer. I'm pretty sure they switched to using just "Marigaux" sometime in the 2000s, so this horn is earlier than that.

My oboe knowledge hovers at only 1%, so I really can't help much more. I'll move this thread to a bit better area, tho.

Thank you for your reply ı really appreciated do you think is it worth for 1k euro? İs it respond me perfectly for long years? probably ı will buy it on internet unfortunately without trying because of that ı am a bit worried
Yes, SML is a high-end double-reed manufacturer. I'm pretty sure they switched to using just "Marigaux" sometime in the 2000s, so this horn is earlier than that.

My oboe knowledge hovers at only 1%, so I really can't help much more. I'll move this thread to a bit better area, tho.

The three main contributors ( SML ) split and created their own specialization;saxophone, clarinet, oboe.
That IS the history of this trio. One was a disgruntled Selmer employee. Brilliant workmanship!

Back
Top Bottom