Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Candid Sarruophone shots

Heckelphone

Double Reed CE
Staff member
CE/Moderator
I just ran across a picture on Flickr of my daughter and I playing sarrusophones at the 2008 San Jose Saxophone Xmas.
3128293725_d90a1022a3.jpg

I'm playing an Eb contra; she has my Bb bass.

Music must be in the family genes. That's not an easy instrument to play.

It's probably easier than you think. The fingering is essentially saxophone (close enough that A. Sax sued the sarrusophone makers repeatedly for patent infringement). Sure, it has a double reed, but it is wide enough that it doesn't take too much getting used to.

All three daughters play horns: oldest = flute/picc; middle = alto sax; youngest = clarinets (soprano, bass) and sax (bari).

I just ran across a picture on Flickr of my daughter and I playing sarrusophones at the 2008 San Jose Saxophone Xmas.
3128293725_d90a1022a3.jpg

I'm playing an Eb contra; she has my Bb bass.

I just realized I've been on the contrabass mailing list for at least 10 years, and this is the first picture I've ever seen of you.

There's only one thing missing from that shot...snow.

It never rains, either ;-)

I just realized I've been on the contrabass mailing list for at least 10 years, and this is the first picture I've ever seen of you.

Oh, I think I posted a picture around 8 years ago of me playing a subcontrabass recorder ;-)

As for snow, its pretty rare in San Jose, CA. I forget what the temperature was that day, but it was probably around 60 F :-D

Not so mysterious

I think I must have posted this one, from SJSaxmas 2005 a few years ago:
05Saxmas-5.jpg

(That's the same daughter on the same horn, but 2005)

My eyes are closed only because my eyes are always closed in photographs. Even my security badge took 4 tries (and that was taken with a computer webcam - no flash). I apparently have pretty fast eyelids (at least part of me is fast)...

Back
Top Bottom