Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Conn Cocobolo Student Clarinet

By chance, are you talking about one of these?

ikua0tyzocjmvnwea8t9.jpg

Calling it a student horn isn't quite right. Pan-American was Conn's "second-line" or "cheaper" instruments.

Did some other quick research. Here's an article from our forum sponsor. I think the article's a little confusing, but that clarinet's made out of a cocobolo laminate/plywood. I've always wanted one, because I think they're nice looking. Several folks that have them in good condition say that they're nice horns and built well.

Last edited:
Yeah, I penned that post for them. Some of the pictures are of mine. I didn't know about the cocobolo laminate. It's always on the stand for those times that I want to practice but I take my R-13 Festival to gigs because it squeaks less and is more in tune. Gorgeous instrument though.

Hmm ... not sure I knew a student model was ever made of Cocabolo. Do you have more info?
Hello. I apologize for the delay in answering you. I had some difficulties with my email account, which have now been resolved.
The clarinet I have is definitely a Conn Clarinet and has a Serial Number on it. It is in very excellent condition and is made of Coca Bola wood.

I will do better to respond in a more timely manner if you are further interested.

Back
Top Bottom