Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Got Logged Out While Replying To A Thread

Helen

Content Expert Saxophones
Staff member
Administrator
I don't think that this has been mentioned before, but if it has, just slap me Pete. ;-)

Today while I was replying to a thread--OK, so perhaps I took 15 or so minutes to write it, I lost track of time--when I hit the preview button, I was told that I didn't have permission to view it, and that I had to log in. I was worried suddenly that I would have lost all what I wrote, but luckily after I passed through the log-in screen, the preview & message boxes were there just like normal.

What's up with that? That's never happened to me before, yet I've been much more dreadfully slow responding to a thread in the past.

I was just typing Jim and Ed an e-mail: looks like server issues, because I was havening connectivity problems, too.

There was an earthquake in Mexico that did some damage to southern California. Makes me wonder if that's related. (SoCal is where a lot of communications go THROUGH, but I don't know where the WooF server is physically located.)

Or you could have just timed out :).

I'll check the server logs tomorrow.

Well, I checked the server logs and definitely something happened yesterday, but I couldn't tell you exactly what: the main logfile for yesterday has already been overwritten.

Why I can say there was a problem is because I checked an activity log and things were about 50% of normal.

Anyhow, if you have further problems, I recommend logging out, toss your cookies and then log back in.

FWIW, here's a hint for you (I've been in that situation too many times).

Just ctrl-a/ctrl-c your post (and paste it to eg. NotePad), then post, and if a hiccup occurs you still have your stuff at least in the clipboard, ready to be pasted in a new editor if need be.

We take many things for granted. Believe me, that's just sheer luck. Like a good reed on a good weekend. Don't count on it.

Bless you all,

I do normally do a Ctrl and the C key to copy to my clipboard when I'm doing something that doesn't have a preview feature, but I get a bit sloppy when the preview option is available. I assume that that feature will protect my work. My bad.

Back
Top Bottom