Interesting situation and e-mail response from Pomarico.

Here's a interesting situation and e-mail response from Pomarico.

Recently I've been thinking about purchasing a "Pomarico Jazz**" clarinet mouthpiece and "Light Ligature". My nearest music dealer, Sam Ash, is 14 miles away.., but unfortunately they're not a outlet for Pomarico products.

I e-mailed Pomarico directly through their web site. A return e-mail from Riccardo Clerici, Pomarico S.n.c. said the following:

"To find the nearest dealer in your zone you should contact PJLA Music.com who is our wholesaler in the U.S"

Upon contacting PJLA via e-mail and requesting information on a local dealer in my area, I received this response:

"We have several single Jazz* clarinet mouthpieces in stock as well as Lite Ligs....your cost is $XXX.XX plus $X.XX shipping. We'll have the Jazz** models in about 2-3 weeks."

The above responses brings me to my thoughts and questions. Seeing I asked for a couple of local dealers names.., and all I received from the U.S. wholesaler was the wholesaler's name, address, phone #, web site address and e-mail, must I now think that the ONLY US POMARICO OUTLET is PJLA.., and if it isn't, why didn't they supply me with a couple of local dealer names?

By giving me their name, etc. and the ability to purchase through them, I know PJLA most likely wanted to see me as a immediate customer which I appreciate.., but then again, why couldn't they have given me local addresses for the Sarasota\Tampa Bay area as I requested?

Shi-Ku Chishiki ShiKu.Chishiki@Gmail.com

I see no one has responded to your post. I have no idea why they responded like they did.

You made an effort to buy locally and that didn't seem to work. You have no obligation to buy locally (although I understand the concerns about not supporting local businesses vs. discount-Internet businesses), so if I were you, I'd take them up on their offer and buy the equipment from them.

OR, maybe it is because you want to try the equipment first before buying. If that is the case, ask if they will accept returns. If they won't, buy it if you think you want it.

Then, try to sell it if you don't like it. I have a drawer full of stuff I've purchased then didn't like enough to actually play them. DAVE

I really have no clue

maybe they don't distribute much, or mainly distribute to large houses like WWBW.

of the little sales literature i get from distributors (and actually read) I have not seen Pomarico listed anywhere. So maybe stores only buy stuff from time to time and don't really have a constant contact with Pomarico thus the email to buy directly from them.

you have to think, most shops cater to students. most clarinet students are classical. most wouldn't be found with a crystal mpc, therefore i would assume most shops won't carry crystal.

it's not an argument of properties of a crystal vs rubber mpc ... just it is what it is

Back
Top Bottom