Key-guard for Hohner alto "President"

I am restoring a Hohner alto "President" of the third series (1968-1969). The key-guard of the low Eb is missing and I am looking for either the same key-guard or the low C one that should also fit. Thanks for your help.

By now David has reached out to you, so I think you should be all set. We were rather busy yesterday, so he didn't get a chance to deal with it.

David is next in the shop on Tuesday, so I suspect he will get unsolder the keyguard for you then.

Hi Helen, many thanks for your answer. Indeed David has proposed to send me a keyguard for 50 $. However, I would like to have a photo before to make it will fit. Mine is not soldered but fixed with screws (see photos). I can wait until Tuesday, no problem.
Best regards
Antoine

Attachments

• DSC00426.JPG
    DSC00426.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 173
  • 4_Eb_Guard.JPG
    4_Eb_Guard.JPG
    467.9 KB · Views: 159
Pretty. The Hohners are very lovely. Perhaps the most esthetically pretty saxophones--next to the Olds Super.

Pretty. The Hohners are very lovely. Perhaps the most esthetically pretty saxophones--next to the Olds Super.
There are so many nice looking horns from so many manufacturers, it'd be hard for me to pick an overall favorite. The Hohner Presidents featured in this thread are nice, but I do prefer the silver plate or nickel plate. The Olds Super has a bunch of things going for it in the aesthetics department, such as the one-of-a-kind keys and Olds engraving on the bell.

When I was referring to Hohner Presidents being the most esthetically pretty horns, I was referring to their overhaul design and engraving. (There were several different styles of engraving as well that I have seen over the years.) Finish for me is not so important, but I agree with you, the prettiest of the pretty are the silver ones. I prefer the ones with gold washed bells... Or those silver ones with gold keywork--when it not worn down (it was lacquer).

Back
Top Bottom