Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Low price on Vandoren Masters

WWBW now has a sale on Vandoren Masters CL4 and CL5 mouthpieces -- $34.99 including lig. I have no idea why they've discounted them so much, but I took a chance and ordered a CL5. So I guess I''ll learn why I swore I'd never change mouthpieces again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also at Musician's Friend.

MF says that they're on sale from $129.99. Amazon has them listed for $80.

I don't know these new mouthpieces. However, the Vandoren clarinet mouthpieces I have used, the very nice B40 and B45, are $96 and $86, respectively, so one would assume that Vandoren, at least, thinks the CL4/5 are better mouthpieces.

The CL5 link says its unavailable now, interesting that they've already run out apparently.
also uurgh that CL4 is really tempting now, but I'm trying to save money currently for a second really good Clarinet that I've found for sale. (Specifically I'm talking about a 1974 Leblanc LL)

The CL5 link says its unavailable now, interesting that they've already run out apparently.
also uurgh that CL4 is really tempting now, but I'm trying to save money currently for a second really good Clarinet that I've found for sale. (Specifically I'm talking about a 1974 Leblanc LL)
Interesting sale.

The Masters mouthpieces are shaped differently and thus they come with a ligature. So if you don't like the ligature ....
The included masters, and leather and Klassik are the recommended ligatures for these. Of course I'm sure other makers ligatures work too.

The Leblanc LL is a very neutral playing clarinet. I have a nice set from the 70s that I play. I would think would meld well with them.

IMG_8971.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting sale.

The Masters mouthpieces are shaped differently and thus they come with a ligature. So if you don't like the ligature ....
The included masters, and leather and Klassik are the recommended ligatures for these. Of course I'm sure other makers ligatures work too.

The Leblanc LL is a very neutral playing clarinet. I have a nice set from the 70s that I play. I would think would meld well with them.
View attachment 8879
Well if I was to buy the LL I mentioned I most likely would just continue using my M15, depending on how I find it versus my Selmer fit in playing situations. (as I've just used my M15 on it for basically everything since I've bought the mouthpiece.)
Additionally, I'd love to maybe see your mouthpiece review come back some time, maybe one of these could be a start?

Wasn't WWBW bought up by the Guitar Center, who also uses the Musician's Friend name?

Guitar Center = Musician's Friend = WWBW = Music 123 = a couple more names I can't remember ATM. Same products - just a different looking web storefront.

Last edited:
WWBW and MF have very similar looking websites, too.

Still, that's a really good price. If I still played clarinet, I might be tempted. That Selmer C85 is pretty good, though.

Interesting sale.

View attachment 8879
Well if I was to buy the LL I mentioned I most likely would just continue using my M15, depending on how I find it versus my Selmer fit in playing situations. (as I've just used my M15 on it for basically everything since I've bought the mouthpiece.)
Additionally, I'd love to maybe see your mouthpiece review come back some time, maybe one of these could be a start?
I used a M15 in the past. I prefer my M13 Lyre (a bit more flexibility than the M13 for ease of dynamics).

If I didn't just have Christmas, and a couple kids birthdays now I might just splurge on one of the CL5s and give it a go. If ones around at the top of the month I might do it .. who buys clarinet mpcs from a Guitar place anyways. lol

I haven't done a mpc review in a long time now that I think of it. I changed up my clarinets. I still use my R13s and LLs, but sold the CT and replaced it with a Buffet RC Prestige. The RC isn't a Centered Tone in it's totally flexibility but does give a great "ring" and good overall projection.

The CL5 came today. Based on half an hour of play I like it, but more time needed to be sure. Easy blowing and big sound, but not yet as even as my accustomed Ray Morgan RM15. We'll see how it goes with various reeds.

Posting this because there seems to be a dearth of new posts:

I very much like the CL5. Easy blowing and just feels right. It's worked well with Rico Reserve and Gonzales FoF.

I never bought one because the price went back up to $110.
But mpcs can be made easy to play by the design. Of course, you then loose certain other characteristics due to the design.

With Gandalfe's description up above, I don't plan on getting one any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom