Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

NAMM show 2010!

Does anyone know if there is an organized list of exhibitors in NAMM like the list of the Musikmesse exhibitors where you can narrow it by instrument/country/etc.?

Also wondering, especially Curt maybe you know, is it very similar to Musikmesse? From the list of exhibitors I found that most of the interesting ones I saw in Musikmesse are not in NAMM but maybe they are listed under an American distributer's name, etc.? Like the Italian clarinet and saxophone companies and other European and Asian ones don't seem to be there.

NAMM 2009 Video

Here's the video, but it's kinda filmed as an homage to the "Blair Witch Project". Spoiler alert KG is in this one. :cool:

NAMM Show 2009 videos from the 2009 NAMM Show in Anaheim CA. Video, pictures from Saxophone land and the sights and sounds of the NAMM Show. Live Music is everywhere! NAMM Concerts, the show floor and lots of people!! From Greg Vail Video clips - BarnYardSax Channel B

Do you have to prove that you are part of the retail industry to attend NAMM or can anyone obtain admission? I had heard that some credentials were required, at least at one time.

I suspect that if you knew someone at a music store who would process credentials for you . . . you might get in.

The last time I attended NAMM (two years ago), it was by invitation-only, meaning that one needed a pass issued through a NAMM member. It was not open to the public (no walk-ins).

And for Natai, there were pamphlets describing the floor-plan and the vendors' booth numbers, plus advertisements, etc. about the show. I recall an alpha-list of vendors.

The positives outweighed the negatives. The negative for me was the incessant and booming sound throughout the various halls, brought on by vendors' overly loud booth-noise as well as a ton of stars-in-the-making playing their favorite riffs on electronic instruments of all sorts. It was decidedly more quiet in the woodwind/brass sections, thankfully. That's where i spent my time. DAVE

Aw, that's nothing...

For real cacophony, you ought to try and make a International Clarinet Association convention some time. The Clarifest (as they call it now) has your typical exhibit room (which is usually too cramped for the number of vendors), racks and racks of clarinets waiting to be tested, and hundreds of college students all playing the opening clarinet cadenza from Rhapsody In Blue on them at the same time (but out of sync with one another).

After six hours of that over the better part of a week, you are ready to give up on instrumental music for life. And, we did it for four straight years...

Back
Top Bottom