Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Need Help Identifying a Bass Clarinet

Hi! I'm new to these forms, but recently I started playing bass clarinet. My model is a Bundy with a serial number of 48100, but I can't find the year. Anyone know?

You have, unfortunately, two problems: you have a student-level horn and most folks don't keep very good track of those serial numbers -- pro instruments are what you usually see -- and you're talking about a non-Bb soprano. @Steve might know. I think your best bet might be to contact Conn-Selmer through their website.

These are on the old buescher serial list, right? If so it's from about 1970. I could be wrong though, I will defer to Steve on that.

These are on the old buescher serial list, right? If so it's from about 1970. I could be wrong though, I will defer to Steve on that.
"Harmony" clarinets, even pro level ones, seem to always depart from the norm for serial numbers. I really don't know why. Then again, I do deal with Yanagasawa serial numbers, which are all kinds of screwy, and Yamaha serial numbers, which have no relation to anything, really.

FWIW, if the seller is correct in his assumption, this horn is from 1970 because it has "1970" stamped on it. Serial is 25887.

Back
Top Bottom