Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

New Banner Ad

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, we have one, now. QuinnTheEskimo. The guy that has all the eBay ads with a zillion pics in 'em. It's a Jim (Gandalfe) suggested, Pete approved one. (Jim and I had been discussing this before Helen became an Admin.)

First, I'm hoping someone else gets the reference with the color scheme. Second, the banner satisfied my requirements of, "Non-Flash and not too big." It's actually 1px shorter than the WF logo.

It's stable monthly income for us, which makes me stress less about the forum cost. With the cash that folks donated on the fundraiser thread (big thanks, again!) added to this, we've made the budget for the year. I'll update the totals when the PayPal account updates. We still could definitely use more cash for updating this forum's software and some other bits of goodness we have in mind.

There are no plans, at this time, for further ads. Of course, if you make us an offer we can't refuse ....

Please post any problems here. I've done some quick tests in all of the Styles ("Themes") and at a few different resolutions, but I can't test every scenario.

Quinn1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Should I be ashamed to admit that I don't get the colour scheme?

We now have another sponsor, SeaWind Music. Again, this is a non-Flash ad. The proceeds from this ad are mostly going to go toward buying vBulletin v6, when it's available, or some other forum software, and a bit toward hosting costs.

SeaWind sells a few things, including saxophones, saxophone necks, flutes, cases, and some other stuff. And they're Canadian.

SeaWinds.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you've noticed the banner ads at the top of the forum. We've had them up for a year now, after Quinn and SeaWind said that they'd give us cash in exchange for banner space. The other day, Pete mentioned that we really didn't inform our membership about the process we used to select the banner ads. He also thought it might be a good idea to inform our membership that we do have openings for a banner ad in the footer (bottom) of the forum. We also wanted to again thank our founder, Ed Svoboda, who has been paying for hosting for the last several months, and the people that contributed to our original fundraiser last year.

So, we're wondering if anyone here wants to sponsor the forum for a month or quarter through a footer banner ad. It could be for yourself or for a business, just provided the banner doesn't use Flash or any other animation. Pete said that he'd even make a banner for you for an additional fee. We also might be interested in doing a "silent auction" for the footer ad, if interest is high enough: set a time that bids have to be in by and choose the highest, or something like that.

If you're interested and/or have any other ideas, please post here or contact Helen, Pete, or me
via e-mail or Private Message.

Back
Top Bottom