Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

New Browser Window For Links

Helen

Content Expert Saxophones
Staff member
Administrator
I was wondering if you have considered setting the preferences for this site to have links (especially external links) set to open in a new browser window. (I would suspect that once that preference is set in the settings, that it applies to all links, not just the external ones...At least that's how the version of this software worked before, when I used it.)

I always find it frustrating to try and get back to the original page when I follow an external link, and consequently further links. In the end I've sometimes travelled so far a field that I've forgotten where I came from. (This is true for all websites I visit, not just this forum.)

Anyways...I'm just offering that up as a suggestion FWIW...

I now usually just right-click a link and select "open in new tab/window" or so, which is the same as pressing the ctrl key while clicking.
But I agree that internal links should open in the same window/tab, external link should open a new window/tab.

I've actually got a small list of things that I'd like to do.

Ed has been investigating going with a different forum/website format and I've been pestering him to decide -- or keep the stuff we currently have -- so I can enact those changes.

Helen, I agree that those linkies are annoying, particularly if you come off a forum that does linkies like that, but tictactux's suggestion is the one I'd also recommend -- and I tend to use that procedure, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom