Oboe Keypad chart wanted

Note the "Keypad" bit.... there are loads of fingering charts out there but that's not what I'm looking for. Just acquired a student oboe out of curiosity; I normally play sax and clarinet in the woodwind world.

I'm a "musician" (I try) and more particularly I'm an engineer, so I need to know my way around all my instruments in gory detail! Especially if I need to adjust/repair them.

Can someone point me to some nice labelled diagrams/pictures of the actual key-pads of an oboe (ideally a Boosey&Hawkes Regent thumb-plate model) please?

I found a nice picture from the Yamaha website but it's conservatoire I think rather than thumb-plate, so clearly some differences there. It also confusingly shows two keypads on the bell (I presume Bb and a smaller A????) but only apparently a single actuator from the lower joint so I'm not clear why two keypads.

I'll first mention this for just the thumbplate and the tone holes it closes. That might be what you want.

Or, maybe, something like this? That <-- is an oboe patent from Marigaux and it's pretty detailed. I did a couple other searches and there are a ton of oboe patents out there, so this might be a good place to start.

As I don't play the oboe, my normal recommendation is to ask the folks at https://www.idrs.org. That's the International Double Reed Society.

Back
Top Bottom