Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Plexiglas Keyguards on Arta Guban!

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
Yup, yup they did. :)

Here's a fun fact about tenor 674142 you link to above, it ended up being Chadd's (WWS) personal horn. I got to play it when I was done there buying my Olds a year ago. It was interesting.

Chadd offered to sell it to me--or trade me for something IIRC--but it wasn't that interesting a horn. I had brought my D&J along as perhaps part of a trade. Chadd really liked it, and would have liked to have had the D&J for himself.

In the end I couldn't part with the D&J b/c I really liked the sound too much, and quite frankly, the Arta Guban wasn't really in the same league.

The silver Arta Guban horns are very pretty, but for playability, a good German horn will leave them in the dust every time.

The silver Arta Guban horns are very pretty, but for playability, a good German horn will leave them in the dust every time.
I've heard that from more than one person.

It's interesting. There are a few horns that I think are really pretty, my favorite being this one (better pics of a different horn on Helen's website). However, Hammerschmidts are not really considered that great of a horn. There were also problems with the Keilwerth SX-90R and the Rampone & Cazzani Two Voices horns that I think are also very nice looking -- and also because I know how good an SX90R can sound. Conversely, I think that the Inderbinen saxophones, in both their "unlacquered" and in silver plate -- mostly the silver plate -- are incredibly ugly, but they're supposed to be one of the finest saxophone models

Back
Top Bottom