Seeking a good clarinet technician

Hello,

I live in Kentucky. I've been using two clarinet technicians from unrelated shops for years now. They always did adequate work on the clarinets. Until they didn't.

One technician didn't adjust the pads correctly so when I cross from high C to altissimo D I squeak no matter how slowly I play it (I tested the cross on my other clarinet to make sure it was me and not the clarinet. Turns out, it wasn't me). The other technician didn't tighten the screw that holds the linkage on ring keys on the top joint. So, as I was playing, the ring keys separated from the body.

Can anyone recommend a good technician anywhere in the United States? I don't mind shipping them so long as the work is excellent.

Thanks

Rick Sayre Woodwinds in Lombard, IL is a fabulous tech. Worked on my clarinets for over 30 years. It appears that Rick is semi-retired but working with Lisa's Clarinet Shop. I have not worked with Lisa, but if Rick is working with her, that's quite an endorsement. Rick studied repairs and refacing with the Kasper brothers. He is also the go to guy for Chicago Symphony Orchestra woodwind players.

Rick Sayre Woodwinds in Lombard, IL is a fabulous tech. Worked on my clarinets for over 30 years. It appears that Rick is semi-retired but working with Lisa's Clarinet Shop. I have not worked with Lisa, but if Rick is working with her, that's quite an endorsement. Rick studied repairs and refacing with the Kasper brothers. He is also the go to guy for Chicago Symphony Orchestra woodwind players.
Thanks. I'll check them out.

Back
Top Bottom