Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Teeth.

After a 3 month wait my side blown bamboo flute arrived and I seem to be having trouble getting it to sound.My fiancee seems to do fine and this leads to my question.Because of wilder ways I'm missing two front teeth and I'm wondering if it could be the cause of my problem..The two missing are center,front,top.Thank you in advance.

The teeth have nothing to do with a transverse flute embouchure. I suggest putting your lips together and blowing and letting the airstream make the opening. Blow fast, cold air against your index finger while looking in a mirror. While blowing this fast, cold stream of air bring the flute up to your lips and let the bottom lip cover 1/3 of the opening trying to direct the airstream so that it is cut in half by the edge of the "embouchure hole". The temptation will be to make a larger opening in the lips to get a sound. Don't do it! Keep the opening small and adjust the position of the flute and the head until the air hits its mark. When it does you will be rewarded with a clear, full tone.

Back
Top Bottom