Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

That Time Leo P Rocked the Saxophone World

Gandalfe

Striving to play the changes in a melodic way.
Staff member
Administrator
Full transparency, I am fascinated by Leo P.

I loved this instructive dissection of this artist. Trevor Sikorski sez "I wonder if Leo P as well as Lucky Chops as a whole understand the profound impact they have made on American music. This is all my personal observation, but has anyone else noticed the massive resurgence of brass band ensembles in music of all genres?

ESPECIALLY the current West coast Americana/R&B/Blues/Soul band sound that has been going on for the past 10 or so years now. I honestly believe that Leo P and bands like Lucky Chops have created a fresh desire in bands across the country to incorporate that soul filled brass band sound.

I currently serve in a U.S. Army band, and have witnessed Army bands across the nation incorporate brass band ensembles that are tasked with playing music directly inspired by Lucky Chops, No BS Brass band, Youngblood Brass band, the list can go on. Isn't that crazy?

Leo P's funky brass band moves in a subway has inspired an entire generation of Army musicians to play their music because it helps us accomplish our mission of establishing a fun, meaningful connection with civilians and other service members. I just think that's wild. Disclaimer: my views do not reflect that of the U.S. Army. This is just my personal observation/opinion."

Back
Top Bottom