Universal Saxophone Method Exercise Index

Helen

Content Expert Saxophones
Staff member
Administrator
For years now I have been meaning to develop an exercise index for the Universal Saxophone Method, by Paul DeVille. Over the past couple of weeks I have finally gotten around to doing so.

I have attached this index here for all of you good folks to take a look at and offer up some suggestions on how I could perhaps improve it.

As an instructor I often use the Universal Method with my advancing students. However, I always find myself flipping through the book looking for exactly the section/exercise I need.

My goal in creating this index is to make it easier for both students and instructors to find what it is they are looking for quickly and easily.

Is it perfect? No. Is there stuff I might have missed? Quite possibly. How could I make it better? How can I make it more user-friendly? That's were you come in.

Any comments are welcome.

After you've worked on something long enough you get blind to it. That's why after my 4th time through the book looking at the various pages I thought I would put it out to the sax playing world and get some feedback.

In case you don't have your own hardcopy of the book, the University of Toronto does has a PDF available for viewing and downloading, since the book is now in the public domain.

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your thoughts... helen

Attachments

• universal sax method index take 2.pdf
    301.9 KB · Views: 131
Update: I have redone the Universal Sax index based on input and have uploaded the revised version above.

Back
Top Bottom