Walter Grabner Bass Clarinet Mouthpieces

Ed

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
It would be an understatement to say that I'm very impressed with the mouthpieces that Walter Grabner creates for bass clarinet. Both of the bass clarinet players in my ensemble play with them after I recommended that they visit him (the advantage of living in the Chicago area).

Ed,

Walter's LB mouthpiece made a HUGE difference for me on bass clarinet. I cannot rave enough about it in terms of its sound, projection, and (above all) RESPONSE throughout the BC's range.

Plus, Walter is a joy to deal with. At least count, I have 7 of his mouthpieces in different models and facings spread between my clarinets. It's amazing to me how I can call Walter, describe to him what I'm looking for, and then when the mouthpiece arrives in the mail it's love at first note. As much as I love his LB mouthpiece on bass clarinet I'm equally impressed with his Kaspar-style mouthpieces on soprano clarinet. I'll have to start a separate thread to rave about them!

Roger

After Roger's review I purchased one and have never looked back. Everyone that trys my Walter Grabner Laurie Bloom model for bass clarinet has been sold so far. I can't say enough about the easy of play, intonation, and sound that this mouthpiece has helped me to achieve. So far, the bass clarinet has proven to be the most mouthpiece sensative instrument that I have played.

Back
Top Bottom