want info on lyons aristocrat deluxe

Looking for help regarding the history of my instrument

• company history

Votes: 0 0.0%
    Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Trying to decide if it's worth restoring an old clarinet it's a lyons aristocrat deluxe s 243 with this low of serial number it's obviously quite old it's a bit scratched up but overall in sound condition needs new corks and a good cleaning I've been trying to find information on it to see if it's worth spending money having a technician go through it I have not been able to find out anything about the manufacturer it's history how old it is was it a quality instrument or just cheap junk etcetera Google has been no help hoping someone may know something about it thank you

Made for the Lyons Musical Instrument Company, active in Chicago between 1930 and 1950. They were a music shop and repairer and as far as I can tell didn't actually make instruments themselves, so yours is probably a stencil made for them with their name on it. No idea who the real manufacturer was, if you send a pic someone might be able to identify the maker. Probably not worth a great deal, stencil instruments from music shops were generally intended for the student/school band market.

Back
Top Bottom