Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Yanagisawa Baris: B6 vs. B800 and B880 and "Elimona"

That's great ....thank you so much for your knowledge.
The one I have is a monster horn with real attitude!
All the best,
Geoff.

Hello - I am new to this forum here, hope you don't mind my reactivating an older discussion.
I thought I give you some first hand information or confirmation on the question of B6s and 990 Yanis with a badge like the 880.
I own a T990 that exactly has the Yanagisawa coin/badge that we know from the 880 horns. I assume that these were the first 990ies and that Yanagisawa changed to the engraved name after the badges/coins have been used up. (this is only my personal speculation)

Regarding the earlier discussion on the B6 Baris - I also own 2 B6 Baris - one has the "old" keywork on the bell keys the other has the more modern looking style of the 900 series.

If requested I can provide pictures of all 3 horns.

Hello - I am new to this forum here, hope you don't mind my reactivating an older discussion.
That's never a problem. Most of the time we're talking about instruments that were 20+ years old when the thread was created.
I own a T990 that exactly has the Yanagisawa coin/badge that we know from the 880 horns.
I checked if that was mentioned earlier in the thread. It was. Just as a quick example, here's a 001863xx alto with the badge and here's a 001962xx tenor that doesn't, but has a visible 990 stamp.

I haven't really thought more about it. One of these days, I will update my Yani pages on my old website, but I've been taking a bit of a break from that.

Back
Top Bottom