Carmichael Clarinets

I was suggested to buy a Carmichael Bb Clarinet. There's not very reviews on the 'net about it, but what I have read has been very good. I was wondering if anyone else has had experience with Carmichael's?

Lucy.

;-/

Hmmh, I inspected the offerers website and it looks like a typical reseller system. This offer reminds me to be imported material, readjusted at seller's place and offered as a very cheap "brand" product. Details from pictures, prices, packages and description I find very close comparable to German or American offers of typical Asian CSOs. I would assume a 2rd party manufactured and rebranded instrument of low level.

Why I think so? -> There's a website but no information about the factory of Carmichael's, there's no explanation of prefers or disadvantages...only a selling platform and some very low quality pics. The offered instruments look like well known products from Asian market.
Does anyone get more or different information about? I will correct this statement immediately, if someone can explain otherwise. But at the moment I can't see any high quality items there.

Therefore I would conclude: the price is ok, but not really a great offer for such an instrument.

kindly
Roman

£1 = approx $1.5

Re the Chinese instruments, there are so many now and it works pretty much as RoBass described - an importer get instruments from a factory and chooses usually any name they want.

In the past these instruments were almost always terrible. It is very different now and Chinese instruments vary a lot from very decent to terrible. The problem is you can't rely on any name, sometimes even to the extreme that you can't know from a different instrument of the same name e.g. a good flute won't necessarily mean a good clarinet, or vise versa. Or even a good soprano sax might not mean a great alto sax, these can even come from different factories.

So always you should try the instrument and buy from a someone who you know is a reliable importer i.e. they choose carefully who to import from and make sure the instrument is in good condition.

Back
Top Bottom