Flute brand?

Just wondering if there is a way to find out what brand this flute is. It has only a serial number - no makers mark or brand. Serial number is: DA000914. I believe it may just be one of the cheaper/student flutes...

Attachments

• 20240218_132320.jpg
    20240218_132320.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 27
well like any instrument there are certain things that can help identify the level of instrument it is. This may help identify who could have been the maker. Also, how did you acquire this, do you know any of it's history?

For instance, is the Embouchure Hole, round-ish, oval-ish, larger or smaller than other known instruments.
A more roundish EH will signify a student level instrument.

Is the body nickel silver (student), silver plated on nickel silver (intermediate), solid silver (professional).
is it open (intermediate or higher) or closed (probably student depending upon the other identifiers) hole.
Offset G, split-E, B foot joint ?

By showing just the serial number it's like showing the license plate of a car and asking what year, make, model, options, condition and value the car is .... no idea right?

I'm not a flute expert, so someone may have those serial number prefix memorized for certain instruments. But showing everything else may offer more clues to any flute experts.

I should also add, with the influx in the last several decades of chinese made instruments, one may never know who actually made it.

Last edited:
well like any instrument there are certain things that can help identify the level of instrument it is. This may help identify who could have been the maker. Also, how did you acquire this, do you know any of it's history?

For instance, is the Embouchure Hole, round-ish, oval-ish, larger or smaller than other known instruments.
A more roundish EH will signify a student level instrument.

Is the body nickel silver (student), silver plated on nickel silver (intermediate), solid silver (professional).
is it open (intermediate or higher) or closed (probably student depending upon the other identifiers) hole.
Offset G, split-E, B foot joint ?

By showing just the serial number it's like showing the license plate of a car and asking what year, make, model, options, condition and value the car is .... no idea right?

I'm not a flute expert, so someone may have those serial number prefix memorized for certain instruments. But showing everything else may offer more clues to any flute experts.

I should also add, with the influx in the last several decades of chinese made instruments, one may never know who actually made it.
I found it in an old flute case at a secondhand store. I'll attach some more photos; but from what you said it looks like a beginners flute. It needs a bit of TLC though.

Attachments

• 20240219_094805.jpg
    20240219_094805.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
  • 20240219_094818.jpg
    20240219_094818.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 23
  • 20240219_094823.jpg
    20240219_094823.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom