Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Terry Stibal

Gandalfe

Striving to play the changes in a melodic way.
Staff member
Administrator
It is with sadness that I report the death of our friend Terry Lynn Stibal (SOTSDO) (November 7, 1949 - July 13, 2015). He did not want a obituary but I think he will allow us this notice. Terry was an esteemed moderator for the Woodwind Forum. He was respected for his musical knowledge, dry sense of humor, and keen interest in history. You can read a number of his music-related blog posts here.

From 2002 till 2015 Terry fronted a Vegas-style orchestra with seventeen musicians and four vocalists, ran a specialized ten piece R&B, Rat Pack, Classic Rock and Broadway groups for smaller venues, restaurant, club and private engagements.

From July 1969 till December 2008 he was the assistant area director for the USDL, OSHA, HSAO in Houston TX area and surrounding TX coastal counties, he supervised enforcement of Federal safety and health laws at both the administrative and judicial levels. Managed extensive and complex fatality and catastrophe investigations in the petrochemical, general industrial, maritime and construction industry environments.

TerryStibal.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry to hear of Terry's passing. No one else could write with such verbosity on an internet forum as he could. I would read every word and I would tease him from time to time when I would catch myself writing a lengthy post by saying "I'd better come to a close now. I am starting to sound like SOTSDO." :)

I think I'm the runner-up when it comes to long posts. Hey, they can't all be two sentence posts.

Thanks for letting us know Gandalfe.

Wow, he'll be missed. He was one of those posters where you just have to stop and carefully read everything he wrote. He was never uninteresting. I will always treasure his rants on the alto clarinet.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I wasn't able to write something when we initially learned of Terry's death- I'll write it a year after he died.
I'd like to have been able to thank him for sharing all of the knowledge he gathered up, and posting it here, especially doing so for others, and I'll still miss him.

Back
Top Bottom