Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Adolphe Sax Gallery

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
Last edited:
I'm slowly adding the ones in my gallery, too. I should have close to or a bit more than 100 when that's done. I've also added additional picture links for some of the museum horns and I was able to replace a few of the black-and-white pics with color ones.

After adding, I'm going to revisit https://emuseum.nmmusd.org, because they changed a bunch of links, and do a bit more clean-up of the page, itself, like, fix the title. What I also might do is check the two checklists of A Sax horns I have and ... check them off ... as I add instruments. I also have to try and find pics of the F altos. I think I have them, somewhere. Finding might take a while.

I'll try to post a somewhat updated list this weekend.

Lots more added.
According to something I read, somewhere, there were approximately 960 saxophones made by A Sax. I have pics and links to pics of over 120. I think the only other company I have as large a percentage of is ... AE Sax itd_3d_ani_w60_smiles_044.gif

I spent an hour-ish looking into YouTube videos and I linked about a half dozen of them. Generally, these featured a lot of pictures of the horns and/or the video's description made it fairly clear what the engraving, serial number, etc. were. I didn't include some because of ...

* EXTREME shaky cam.
* Playing jazz/rock/fusion on one. Just ... no.

If you have any suggestions for inclusion, RSVP. I'll be more than happy to.

I did discover Vandoren TV ... a couple years too late. Both the extremely uncommon C tenor and Eb sopranino were recorded, with commentary by Bruno Kampmann. If nothing else, I highly recommend that. While some is in English, a lot is in French. (I probably should how to speak French, sometime.)

Back
Top Bottom