Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Anyone make/see acoustic amplifiers for bigger clarinets?

The thought was in an acoustic live setting designing almost half circle cylinders one on the upper keys one on the lower keys on the back end of the clarinet to stop the sound from coming back to me and project it outwards

I'm going to take a couple pictures of mine and weirdly enough I actually think I could build one that is cut like an s in two pieces so that you can use them when you need

The idea would be attaching them with a magnet so you could easily detach them and they would not affect the actual resonating of the horn..
I didn't end up taking a picture of the first prototype but it was made of a split Pringles can

Just too flimsy and two circular I think I'm going to have to use other round cylindrical containers possibly a coffee can or plastic coffee tub

Well, I think the first thing to do, is whatever setup you're using now, set up a microphone some distance away and actually measure the DB difference with and without the reflector. If you're not getting a substantial boost from the thing, then there's no point in designing some contraption. There are even some decibel meter apps that can be used with a cell phone.

The simple act of sitting on a wooden Pew bench against a wooden wall utilizing the under bench open cavity makes a World Of Difference!!

The acoustic amplifiers will more or less be a dampener and a director of the sound and air...

Lessoning the sound coming back to me.
And directing the sound and air from around the clarinet forward

I could make an acoustic sound/(orchestral?) Box to put the peg In to project some but doesn't work the same as using a double bass or a cello

Back
Top Bottom