Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Bravo synthetic reeds

I was looking for some fairly cheap synthetics for all my clarinets at an affordable price and I found Bravo reeds on Amazon. For about $22 plus shipping I got 5 reeds.
The reviews were mostly good, with some saying they were good for students but a little "plastic" sounding for advanced players. Quality is said to be consistent, so they all play the same. But they run hard, so if you play a 2-1/2 Rico you'll probably want a 2 Bravo.
Naturally, 2-1/2 was so easy to play I decided to challenge myself to the 2-1/2 Bravo. They weren't kidding. Playing these reeds is like trying to blow into a brick, and the embouchure leaks like crazy. I'm practicing and getting better, but I might buy a set of 2s and wait until I've built up more strength before returning to the 2-1/2s. On the other hand, I can reach clarion G with these reeds when I can hold the embouchure.
So for beginners, these seem to be decent reeds. I can't tell the difference in the tone yet, so for the cost I'm pleased. When I get better I can switch to Fibracells.

Back
Top Bottom