Buffet International

My 14 year old daughter would like an upgrade to her beginner clarinet. She enjoys playing and will likely play through high school. She would likely benefit from an upgrade as she'd like to try for out for some honors/county band programs. However, we have a limited budget. I found a used Buffet International for about $500. It is in very nice condition. I understand this is like an E11?! Is this worth the money? Or should we save up for something better?

I believe it's a predecessor of the E11. Might be a little old but if it has been well maintained and really is in a good condition, it should be fine.

The Buffet International is equivalent to the C-13. I believed it was a Private Brand for certain music stores and made by Shreiber for Buffet. Look for a "made in germany" stamp on the top, backside of the lower joint with the serial number. I believe they also have a plastic thumbrest.

The Buffet Limited (Shreiber made after Buffet pulled E11 production to the old Leblanc facility) is the E-11 equivalent without the E-11 name.

One major identifying factor for an E-11 is the main toneholes are plastic and should be visible (if you know how to identify them) as they are more shiney than the surrounding wood. The C-13 will have wood toneholes.

Back
Top Bottom