Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Celebrating the Saxophone by Paul Lindemeyer

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
I like Google Books.

I own the softbound version of this book. There's a hardbound, as well. I think Paul would say that you should order either through his website: I know that some authors get a bigger profit margin when you do that.

Anyhow, this book is a breezy history of the saxophone from the player's perspective. Or "history" by player. For instance, you have a chapter on the 1920's, say (I don't have the book in front of me for the actual chapter name), and you'll read about players from the 1920's. You'll see a few ancedotes and some comments about things like the QRS Play-a-Sax, too.

Again, it's a breezy history. The book is only 96 pages long and most of it is filled with stunningly beautiful pictures. The saxophones pictured are generally in the hands of players, but some of the ones that aren't are from Paul Cohen's 110+ instrument collection, including his Evette-Schaeffer Eb contra.

While I really don't care about saxophone players, I really wished the book was longer. I also would have liked a larger, coffee-table sized format.

Hey, another project for you Pete? The Saxophone Picture Book in a coffee table book format?
I've thought about this for a LOOOONG time. The answer is "maybe". I'd have to work out some copyright issues, but I even have a format ready for one. I dunno if I want to do this kinda project FIRST or something else.

Back
Top Bottom