Estimated value of a SA80I Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!

I am looking to place my tenor on the market, and was hoping that some of you may be willing to share your opinion about the approximate value of this horn. A ballpark figure with a $500 range would be great. (For example... $1200-$1700)

Description:

Selmer Super Action 80 Tenor Saxophone (Series I, circa 1982)

This one-owner instrument was purchased brand new, and was played by me during high school for four years. It sat unused for 20+ years, and was recently re-padded and adjusted as I have a student who has used it on occasion for the past two years.

This instrument is in outstanding shape (original laquer) with a great sound and fantastic action. The only minor cosmetic blemishes are a couple of tiny dings and some scratches on the bell from the metal chairs I used to sit in during high school.

Includes the original stock neck and original stock hard case.
(No mouthpiece is included, as I am keeping the three I have)

Eleven detailed pictures may be found in this photo album uploaded here to The Woodwind Forum:
http://www.woodwindforum.com/forums/album.php?albumid=72

Thanks in advance for your assistance, I look forward to your responses!

picture.php

might I note, this looks like a real early one as it is before the "Serie I" stamp was added.

At some point I would love to have an early SA80 in my hands with my VII tenor. I believe the original SA80s were quick table key and touch placement fixes to the base "VII" design to alleviate alot of the complaints of the VII. But I certainly would love to physically compare the two ... sooner or later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom