Help with Identifcation

Hello there,

I'm new here so hope I'm posting in the correct manner!

I have tried many many times to get an answer about a clarinet that I was told was vintage when I got it and I've actually had it now for nearly 30 years..... Boy does time fly!!

I had forgotten I even had it but I've been sorting through cupboards, and right at the back there it was.... Sadly covered in dust and (arrggh!) some mould. Amazingly the mould has wiped off which has confirmed my belief that it's a bakelite model.

Other info - Boosey & Hawkes, there's a serial number of 29500. And it's also an Albert System I believe? Is this known as a Bflat clarinet too? There are less keys.
Additionally the tenons are hemp thread and not cork.

Would anyone know what age this clarinet is at all, is it valuable and is it worth getting the couple of sticky keys fixed professionally or is it something I could do?

Also the mouth piece is not original I don't think and has a break.

Thanks if you can help
Tracey

The serial number dates it to 1931, but this predates the merger of Boosey and Hawkes. Could your instrument be just Boosey and Company Ltd? It is probably a Bb clarinet, but I can't be certain without knowing the length overall. If the mouthpiece is present, what is the overall length of the assembled instrument with and without the mouthpiece?

Back
Top Bottom