hot topics policy

It is funny that this thread which became more about another forum should be revived today. I found a recent discussion over there in which a member generally disrespects Pete's saxpics site and specifically the parts dealing with Kings. (I have a Silversonic tenor and read whatever I can find about it.) I thought about ratting the guy out here. Then I decided not to. Oops. I just did. :p

Somewhat less amusingly, an SOTW member e-mailed me about that particular person ("Swingtone", IIRC) a couple days ago, which is the only reason I would have known about it -- I rarely go on SOTW unless I get a PM/e-mail from someone to check out some discussion that he thinks I might be able to assist with.

In any event, I not only responded to Swingtone on SOTW, to try to answer/rebut some of the things he posted (i.e., you've misquoted some serial number ranges I wrote, you missed my point there, I can agree to disagree on that point there, I think you're wrong there, etc.) and to highlight that I no longer own saxpics.com, so I can't update it anymore.

I also sent Swingtone a nice, long PM.

Anyhow, I think I answered the King questions in that thread as best as I could. However, I do not think that my post or PM satisfied Swingtone.

Hey, you can't make everyone happy.

Swingtone is the only member of SOTW on my ignore list. 'nuff said.:???:

Anyhow, I think I answered the King questions in that thread as best as I could. However, I do not think that my post or PM satisfied Swingtone.

Hey, you can't make everyone happy.

Anytime you want to end a discussion like that one, ask the OP to submit the bore measurements that back up his statements.

Swingtone is the only member of SOTW on my ignore list.
2,040 posts as of today; many of them really long too. Hard to argue with that it works. It reminds me of a story that one of my best friends told me. He is Italian from Rome. His brother served with the Carabinieri. At some point he was stationed in Naples. When he arrived, the captain pulled the newcomers aside to give them instructions that he formally couldn't give but were necessary. It boiled down to: petty theft - forget it; scuffles without arms - look the other way; drivers running red lights - there is no way on earth we can deal with that number of violations; the Camorra - the Camorra...the Camorra...the Camorra...that is what you concentrate on. At least the message was consistent and the policy enforced accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom