Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Yanagisawa Prima Baritone is Good

Hi guys,

I interesed in buy one yanagisawa baritone horn now.

I search to yanagisawa low A Prima made by Ynagisawa logo.

One is serial number 175.xxx another 1273185.

All in original condition nas have Japan with serial number.

Goos horns? It is 800 serie horns?

I have insame store 2 ybs61 horns disponible too.

I no can play its now, in fact always play testes is better I think, but what best horns? YBS61 or prima yanagisawa?

let me know you think.

Thanks,

Wellison

"Prima" is just the name of the distributor that sold the horn, Prima Gakki. If the horn has a seven-digit serial number -- no leading 0 -- that's a 1973 horn. If it did have a leading zero, that'd be a horn from 1985. If it's '73, it's a B-6. If it's '85, that means it's either a B-6, B-800, or B-880 and you can have a low Bb 880.

I've played three different B-6 stencils and didn't like any of them. The 880 is the most "Selmer Mark VI-like" of all the Yani horns and the most valuable of all the horns you mention, all other things being the same.

The Yamaha serial number means nothing, because they used odd formats that don't correlate to anything. They are supposed to be very good baris, but I haven't played one. I have been told that some people prefer the 61s to the 62s. I've played a few 62s and those are very nice horns. If the 61s really are better, that could be a very good thing.

Remember to get a good mouthpiece, if you don't have one. That's as important as getting a good horn.

Back
Top Bottom