Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

More wishful thinking...

Must be a severe case of insomnia that drives Terry through Alto auctions... :emoji_astonished:

Maybe Terry's drunk?

I got no other theories..........

:eek:

Also, he's got me casually following alto's, from which I gathered the following:

1) Bundy Altos go for quite a bit more than a Vito. Never played em so i wouldn't know why, but I do prefer the Vito Sopranos to the Bundy's....which means nothing.

2) Here's a finished auction for a "Pro" Alto: http://cgi.ebay.com/Buffet-Professi...908?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0c269984 ...as if firewood really needs such a designation.

It's the eBay search function...

...whereby "Selmer clarinet" turns up all sorts of clarinets, Selmer and otherwise. There may be more there as well, however.

Somewhere, there is a person who majored in alto clarinet performance. They will probably never admit it in public, but I bet someone is out there...

1) Bundy Altos go for quite a bit more than a Vito. Never played em so i wouldn't know why, but I do prefer the Vito Sopranos to the Bundy's....which means nothing.
If you're talking alto and soprano clarinets, I can't think of a reason why this'd be the case. It's true that Vito bass/alto clarinets do occasionally have some odd (patented) keywork. That might be it.

In this case, I don't know how old this particular alto is, so I have no idea as to what the value is. Just based on seeing how sharp the Selmer stamp is in the upper joint would lead me to believe that it's not very old -- but you can always get a gold crayon and renew the stamp.

Terry does point out an awful lot of alto clarinet auctions, tho.

I'm like the crack dealer - I don't use the stuff myself, but I do push it onto others, just for the sheer malice of it all...
yeah, we heard you threw an alto clarinet into a local texas computing center recently ...

Total hokum...

If there is one thing that I will never, ever, EVER own, it is an alto clarinet. So, the idea of me tossing one anywhere, much less changing a reed on one, is beyond belief.

Having someone else do the tossing for me (with their instrument or someone else's), is another thing entirely...

Back
Top Bottom