Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Music Requested

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
My wife has a band at her school. Sixth thru eighth graders.

She is requesting music for a trio or quartet of Eb alto saxophones. Insanely easy. Cheap or free is preferable.

I don't know of something that fits that bill. Any suggestions?

My wife has a band at her school. Sixth thru eighth graders.

She is requesting music for a trio or quartet of Eb alto saxophones. Insanely easy. Cheap or free is preferable.

I don't know of something that fits that bill. Any suggestions?

Check out sibeliusmusic.com - they have a ton of "quartet (of the same instrument)" stuff around, usually very cheap or even free.
What style of music?

If all horns are pitched in the same key, I would recommend trying SSA vocal arrangements, which are available for next to nothing at any well-stocked music store. Ignore the piano part and just assign the horns to each of the vocal lines. It's pop music, which will be a pleasant change from normal school stuff, and the arrangements (meant to feature teen girl vocalists in swing choir settings) are peppy and fun to play.

I used to use them for three clarinets (soprano, soprano and bass) as part of my teaching of clarinet students back in the 1980's. I'd have one student stay 10 minutes late, have the next show up 10 minutes early, and we all would have a good time.

Thanks, folks. That might fit the bill.

Special thanks to TTT for that part you PM'd me with. I think it might be a bit too challenging (seriously), but it might be a good start.

Oh. Style doesn't matter.

Back
Top Bottom