Peter Jessen: G Mezzo Soprano

I recently got a message from Doug Webb, a very good player on the west coast asking if I had played the G Mezzo-soprano, and my answer was no. Doug said he would be interested if he could be assured that the horn played extremely well. My own opinion is pretty much the same.
To afford a horn like that I have to sell a bunch of stuff. I have a lot of stuff, but it's a hassle, and my "stuff" is not unlimited. Right now my interest has been focused on the Powell Silver Eagle alto and tenor saxes. I have a gig next month with Frank Sinatra Jr., and Mike Smith will be playing lead on his Silver Eagle. Mike told me I can try his horn. What's the worst that can happen?
I'll tell you what - The worst that can happen is, the Silver Eagle will be the best alto I've ever played, I'll have to get one even though I don't play alto often, and I'll have to sell "stuff."
And then they will come out with a Silver Eagle tenor. Yikes!

I haven't heard about anyone who didn't like the G mezzo. Granted, any such information would have had to come directly from Peter, but he is completely honest and not terribly well-versed in promoting himself or his craftsmanship.

Back
Top Bottom