Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Selmer Supreme - Feb 2021

Gandalfe

Striving to play the changes in a melodic way.
Staff member
Administrator
After 100 years of innovation, design and manufacture of the saxophone, Henri SELMER Paris redefines the modern identity of the alto saxophone by creating the Supreme. The refinement and the care taken in its manufacture as well as a completely corrected ergonomics, reveal an unprecedented pleasure and evidence of play.

Nice vid a Selmer Paris' Facebook page: www.facebook.com/HenriSELMERsax/videos/255762786150138

SelmerSupreme2021.jpg

Good. I am glad. Fingers crossed this takes off and allows the company to stay competitive in its second century.

Good point about the bore. Silly me. I assumed it would have one, given the 8 years of research they put in.

The sound is really nice. Certainly different than their current offerings--at least compared to the Selmer-produced recordings I have heard of the others. ;)

One thing I need to do is to grab as many pics and info about the Serie II and III as I can. I didn't see anything that said that the Supreme was going to replace those models, but it might.

Anyone think of this when they saw the name?

Playing devil's advocate, because it can be fun. I'm not planning on buying any instruments.

Looking at closed ads on ebay, the highest price for a Mark VI alto was close to $9K. The lowest was Quinn's at $3500 (I'm leaving out the low A horn that sold for a little less). However -- and this is important -- none of those Mark VI altos was in perfect shape. However, again, a brand new Reference 54 is $6869.

While I get the point that some Mark VIs are better than others, if I can buy an inexpensive Mark VI for $3500 and have it completely overhauled and silver plated with a final cost well under $7K, the Supreme really needs to be extra special.

Back
Top Bottom