Vibratosax

Hmmm. There was one with 41 pages that was closed. Let me check. Ah. here it is. I didn't THINK I was imagining it :p.
When a thread grows ungainly large with the number of pages, we simply continue it with a succeeding edition. The topic itself was not closed for posting.

When a thread grows ungainly large with the number of pages, we often simply continue it with a succeeding edition. The topic itself was not closed for posting.

Update:

I posted a link to the thread continuing the discussion over there to avoid further confusion on the matter. ;)

Cheers.

The different between A1 & A1S is not easy to see apart from logo's colour on the bell and pads but it's easier to hear and feel. The main body of A1 is made of Bayer Bayblend ( PC + ABS ) while A1S is made of Bayer Makrolon ( Solid PC ) it gives better resonance and response. A1 is darker and more mellow.

Hey Pete Thomas,

I trust at some time you will run one of these by Stephen Howard for a look-see. That should shed a tremendous amount of light on the mechanical integrity of the design and such.

Hope he will do a run down review like his others on the Vibratosax.

Hey Pete Thomas,

I trust at some time you will run one of these by Stephen Howard for a look-see. That should shed a tremendous amount of light on the mechanical integrity of the design and such.

Hope he will do a run down review like his others on the Vibratosax.
+1.

The different between A1 & A1S is not easy to see apart from logo's colour on the bell and pads but it's easier to hear and feel. The main body of A1 is made of Bayer Bayblend ( PC + ABS ) while A1S is made of Bayer Makrolon ( Solid PC ) it gives better resonance and response. A1 is darker and more mellow.
The differences are rather plain to me: the A1 has "real" keys and the A1S essentially has a "pearl" attached to a pad.

Putting any comment about sonic-ness aside, the A1 looks like it has a bit more robust construction.

I PMed him, and if Pete Thomas is willing, so is Stephen. His sharp eye should reveal all.

OK, OK. Why do I want a Vibratosax?

I just want to show up at a jazz gig with an orange and white alto and hold my own againgst the local hotshot with an early Mark VI. I think I can do it...

Does anyone know about how long it should take to arrive from Thailand? My tracking number shows outgoing international on December 14th. I am wondering if it might arrive before Christmas.

Does anyone know about how long it should take to arrive from Thailand? My tracking number shows outgoing international on December 14th. I am wondering if it might arrive before Christmas.

It will.

Certainly before Christmas 2011. :)

It helps if you know who's doing the shipping. If you know, you can then go to that shipper's website and either track your shipment or set up a "fake" shipment from Thailand to the US to find out how long it'd take.

I know shipping from the US to western Europe is approximately 10 days.

I know shipping from the US to western Europe is approximately 10 days.
A lot depends on the type of shipping, for example with USPS, Express is much faster than First Class. With the latter, which is their regular mail, I've had stuff arrive anywhere from less than about a week up to over two months. It can vary a lot. This is statistically from many times. On average I would say, about two to three weeks.

I don't think I've had anything shipped from Thailand but I had stuff from Taiwan and China. Although they were shipped with a shipping company so it arrived in a few days, says nothing about using mail.

Vibratosax said expect 5 to 7 working days. That's 7 to 9 days in all, but it is the worst of the holiday rush.

Mine was sent the same day. I'm thinking maybe by Christmas. Maybe.

I think they were sent EMS, but not positive. My tracking number just updated today as having arrived in the US. If customs doesn't hold them too long, maybe they will arrive this week :)

The suspense is killing me. Finally we will get an answer to the age old question, "does material matter". I am looking forward to hearing a recording of the saxophone next to a brass with the same player using the same set-up.

I'm campaigning, albeit on a low-budget, to have them make a Grafton tribute vibratoSax. I would buy one of those after years of trying to acquire a real Grafton. The closest I ever got was two years ago when my eBay purchase arrive in 1000 pieces. So I'm holding out now for vibratoSax's remake. :cool:

Schwinn did that a number of years ago for their 50's Phantom bike. It was hugely successful.

In a way, it's already a "Grafton Tribute." All you're missing is the clear plastic keyguards. I wonder if those were patented and if the patent expired ....

The comparison was already done between Vibratosax and a Mark VI on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG8W2sy61QI

Thanks for that link. One would expect even more of a difference in the sound than that. The Mark VI definitely has more "ring" to the sound. The open C# has a markedly better sound on the Mark VI than on the Vibratosax.

This link was worth it to discover the incredible youtube jam recordings by Dan and Dustin Higgins.

Back
Top Bottom